The CDC said the chemical compound was found in lung fluid from 29 patients tested in a government lab.
The patient reported vaping both nicotine and THC, the high-inducing ingredient in marijuana, health officials said.
Cristen Reagan of Canton, Georgia, spent 10 days in an ICU after experiencing acute respiratory failure she believes may have been linked to years of smoking and a few months of vaping.
Officials say the victim had a history of vaping nicotine.
A Florida lawmaker has filed a bill that would allow individual counties to ban smoking on public beaches and in parks.
Marietta Police seeing more dangerous and illegal vape oil on the streets. What they're doing to combat it.
Vape shop owners want to stop the Atlanta City Council from banning their most popular item. Area lawmakers have a draft bill they say is aimed at protecting young people.
Atlanta officials want to ensure minors don't get involved in the vaping craze.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration granted modified risk tobacco product (MRTP) order to eight smokeless tobacco products for the first time, the agency said in a release Tuesday.
Some of the people rushing to emergency rooms thought the CBD vape they inhaled would help like a gentle medicine. Others puffed it for fun.
At least 33 people have died from illnesses related to vaping, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Thursday.
Juul Labs will stop selling fruit and dessert flavors for its electronic cigarettes.
A 16-year-old girl is currently being treated at Phoenix Children's Hospital after being found unresponsive due to a vaping-related illness.
As state health officials confirm a second Georgian has died of lung injuries tied to vaping, WellStar lung specialist Dr. Hiren Patel says he has treated 4 of the 14 e-cigarette users stricken with pneumonia-like symptoms. The first case he thought was in July.
The Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) has identified the state's second death from a vaping-associated illness.
Melania Trump said Monday that companies "must stop" marketing e-cigarettes to children, saying they are addictive and dangerous.
Kroger said it would stop selling e-cigarettes as soon at its current inventory runs out at its more than 2,700 stores and 1,500 fuel centers.
The CDC is urging people to avoid vaping until more is known about the cause of lung injuries. But many vapers find quitting is challenging.
As the CDC reported Tuesday that the number of lung injury cases associated with vaping has increased to 1,080, a Mayo Clinic study published Wednesday said the injuries may be caused by toxic chemical fumes.
As health officials across the country grapple to find the cause behind some 805 cases of e-cigarette-linked lung illnesses, doctors in Kansas — which has seen at least two vaping-related deaths — are seemingly dealing with something new: Kids eating vaping cartridges.