Jobs at FOX 5
To apply online for a specific open position, click the job title or link following each posting.
WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE MENTION WHERE YOU SAW THE AD FOR THE POSITION.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 404-898-0269, or visit our readily accessible station located at 1551 Briarcliff Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30306, and a member of our recruiting team will assist you.
EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled and VEVRAA Federal Sub-Contractor
Organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refer job seekers to employers may request WAGA to provide them with information about full-time openings at the station. Such requests must include the organization's name, mailing address, e-mail address if applicable, telephone number and contact person, and identify the category or categories of job openings for which it requests notices. Requests should be directed to Human Resources, WAGA FOX 5 Atlanta at 1551 Briarcliff Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30306. We appreciate your organization's help in publicizing our job openings! WAGA-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The following represents brief descriptions. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, to represent a comprehensive and/or exhaustive description of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of each position.
NEWS TRAINEE (R50021553)
The News Trainee will learn the basics of television news writing and newscast producing in preparation for full-time regular employment at a broadcast station.
- Write scripts for FOX 5 Atlanta newscasts as assigned by newsroom producers and managers
- Write and coordinate reporter live shots and live talk-back interviews
- Build graphic elements for news broadcasts under deadline
- Assist in control room during newscasts
- Assist with digital responsibilities including creating web stories and social posts on multiple platforms
- Assist assignment editors by monitoring incoming e-mail, monitoring scanners, answering telephones and performing other duties as directed by newsroom managers and staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Communicates clearly, effectively and politely with the public in person and over the phone
- Learn newsroom computer system post hire
- Basic computer skills are required
- College degree preferably in Journalism or Broadcasting, and be a recent graduate (within one year or less).
DIRECTOR/TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (R50019744)
The Director/TD works with Producers to assemble show rundowns in iNews, block cameras, talent placement and set lighting. Position will operate Sony ELC automation system, Sony MVS 8000G video switcher and associated peripherals. Candidate must be able to use Bitcentral Prexcis playout, ISQ playout of Chyron Mosaic and Powerclips, Vinten Robotic camera control and Wheatstone audio console. Candidate must maintain manual Director and Technical Director skills in the event of a catastrophic failure. Floor direct and run audio as needed. Work professionally as a part of a cohesive team within specific time constraints. Position is also required to work in Master Control switching basic live programming and segmenting program content.
Requirements: Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot, self-starter, detail oriented, and good organizational skills. Must have the ability to prioritize, work under daily deadline pressure, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Interviewee must be proficient in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. A bachelor’s degree from a university or college preferred. Five years of experience in a top 20 market television station is a plus. Click here to apply
PRODUCTION TRAINEE (R50021567)
The Production Trainee will learn the basics of studio operations. He/She will operate studio and hand-held cameras. Help with lighting equipment, teleprompter and chyron. Assist with set and prop construction and perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements: They must be able to take direction, work well with others, and work under pressure to meet deadlines. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Candidates must be a recent college graduate (one year or less), preferably in Journalism or Broadcasting. Click here to apply
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (R50021209)
FOX 5 Atlanta is seeking a highly motivated business developing Account Executive. The Account Executive is responsible for maximizing share on established television and digital accounts with emphasis on developing new accounts by converting marketing dollars and alternative advertising platforms. Services established agency accounts as directed by sales management. Establishes direct client contact while maintaining cooperative relationships with the agencies. Develops and presents in-depth multi-screen platform sales and research presentations. Responsible for obtaining revenue goals in all facets including existing accounts, new business, zero share business and digital. Strong understanding of digital platforms and a proven track record of successful digital sales. Work with Credit Manager to ensure appropriate credit references are furnished and timely payments are received for business sold. Generates frequent written correspondence such as pre/post buy letters. Provides the Local Sales Manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly report.
Requirements: Ability to work under daily deadline pressure with attention to detail. Ability to be self-motivated and work as part of a team. Strong creative, organizational, planning and prospecting skills. Ability to communicate effectively/politely with co-workers and clients. Thorough knowledge of television ratings and research as it relates Nielsen and comScore/Rentrak data. Excellent presentation skills. A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a related field preferred. Minimum of three years of experience in broadcast television and/or digital platform sales. Experience selling OTT platforms preferred. Click here to apply.
FLX ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (R50017705)
We're looking for experienced OTT salesperson to manage develop, assist and service business for the Fox local extension OTT platform (FLX).
Prospecting new business, present FLX capabilities via Zoom and in-person. Act as category expert, working alongside Fox linear sales teams. Overseeing all schedules throughout the campaign; work directly with stations, advertising agencies and clients to increase revenue for the FLX platform.
Requirements: Excellent communication skills, proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Wide Orbit a plus. Knowledge of the local TV marketplace and how they are adapting to new OTT channels. Sales Hunter.
Two - Three years of successful experience in the digital media industry; Digital Video Advertising and/or Digital Agency/Digital Publisher experience preferred. College degree preferred. IAB certification preferred. Familiarity with basic digital media technology. Excellent presentation skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Existing relationships with senior level client or agency decision makers. Digital agency relationships. Click here to apply.
LOCAL SALES MANAGER (R50021741)
FOX 5 Atlanta is seeking a motivating Local Sales Manager. The Local Sales Manager manages local sales activities of the organization for Linear, Digital and OTT advertising, and is responsible for the supervision of the sales staff at the local level.
- Develops strategy for local sales department business plan and business practices for broadcast, digital and OTT sales
- Ensures achievement of revenue budgets for linear, digital and OTT sales
- Oversees packaging, pricing and controls station inventory including creating packages, working with VP/Sales on rate cards and daily review of avails
- Assigns accounts and advertising agencies to local sales staff, and establishes individual sales quotas
- Acts as a liaison and source of information between station and local clients, agency personnel, local sales staff, and local sales force
- Assumes responsibility for the preparation of reports and projections
- Calls on existing advertisers and solicits new advertisers for broadcast and digital through direct calls on accounts and agencies, both alone and with Account Executives, for the purpose of maximizing revenue and attaining financial goals
- Collaborates with the VP, General Sales Manager and the National Sales Manager to develop and modify rate cards
- Supervises collection procedures and prepares management report while working closely with the Finance Department regarding discrepancies, invoices and collection issues to resolve in an effective and courteous manner
- Holds weekly update meetings with all Account Executives to monitor sales goals and review station performance through CMR reporting
- Keeps VP, General Sales Manager fully informed of all account activity through weekly and monthly pending and forecasts reports
- Develops and implements sales strategies that achieve budgeted goals with regards to Sports/Special opportunities, Digital, New Business and OTT.
- Responsible for performance management of Account Executives and administrative employee(s) within the sales department
- Ability to work under daily deadline pressure with attention to detail
- Ability to be self-motivated and work as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong understanding of local marketplace and an ability to make pricing decisions that align with station goals for revenue and market share
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of Wide Orbit and Nielson
- Ability to effectively supervise and motivate a team
- Ability to communicate effectively/politely with co-workers and clients
- Thorough knowledge of event marketing, and ability to create new innovative means to maximize revenue while meeting client needs and achieving results
- Exhibits solid judgment skills on all issues
A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university or college in a related field preferred. Five years of experience with Local and/or National sales experience required. Two years of supervisor experience. Click here to apply.
For opportunities at other FOX companies, please visit foxcareers.com.