Roughly 100 flight attendants with American Airlines have tested positive for coronavirus.
That's according to the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, which said they expect that number to increase.
The union said they've been asking for personal protective equipment for months, but said flight attendants are just now starting to receive masks.
According to reporting from the Dallas Morning News, several flight attendants with Southwest Airlines have also tested positive.
- Symptoms, testing and how to prepare amid growing COVID-19 outbreak
- Who is most susceptible to coronavirus? COVID-19 not just affecting older people
- Coronavirus cleaners: These products will kill COVID-19, according to the EPA
- Coronavirus and pets: Your cat or dog probably can’t get COVID-19, WHO says
- Will sick leave protect me if I get ill from coronavirus? 5 questions answered