ATLANTA - Emory Healthcare has set up a new drive-through testing site to make it easier for those who have an appointment to be tested for the coronavirus.
The testing site is located in an Emory parking deck located at 6 Executive Park Drive NE in Atlanta. Those who have called ahead to get an appointment can easily drive up for the swab test at the location.
“We are pleased to offer this drive-through COVID testing site to our patients and the general public who may be experiencing coronavirus symptoms,” Penny Castellano, MD, chief medical officer and associate director of Emory Clinic was quoted as saying in a release sent to FOX 5 News. “Patients are conveniently tested in their cars and usually receive results within 24 hours via a phone call from an Emory Healthcare nurse.”
Anyone who shows up without an appointment will be turned away.
To find out about qualifying for an appointment, those with symptoms can call the Emory COVID-19 hotline at 404-712-6843 between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. on Mondays through Fridays and then on the weekend from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Anyone who thinks they qualify can take an online test to determine if they should call the hotline number to set up an appointment. That test can be found here: https://c19check.com/start
• Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least twenty seconds.
• If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
RELATED: CoronavirusNOW.com, FOX launches national hub for COVID-19 news and updates.