Check out these recipes from Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q in Atlanta. They are perfect for your Easter meal this Sunday.
- 24 oz. Root Beer
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Fox Bros Bar-B-Q sauce
- 1 tablespoon Fox Bros dry rub
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
Method: Combine all ingredients into pot, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, stir constantly and simmer for 25-35 minutes or until reduced by 2/3's and of a thick consistency. Remove from heat and apply to the ham.
- 6 to 8 large yellow squash
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup pimentos, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. celery seed
- 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1.5 Tbsp. oregano
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Method: Grate squash on a box grater. Mix all ingredients together except for cheese and place in a buttered 8"x10" baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350F for 30 minutes. Cover the top with cheese and bake for another 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly.
Roasted Red Potatoes
- 3 red potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 oz. butter
- 3 Tbsp. Fox Bros dry rub
- 4 sprig. rosemary
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 3 oz. water
Method: Quarter potatoes lengthwise into wedges. Melt butter and place all ingredients into a baking dish and mix to coat potatoes evenly. Pour water in the bottom of the dish and bake at 400F for 35-55 minutes until potatoes are golden brown and tender.
Fox Bros. also left us with some tips for cooking your ham:
- Don't freak out! Relax and have fun!
- Give yourself plenty of time.
- Bring your ham out ahead of time (1-2 hours before cooking)
- Add your own flavor to the ham.
- Use liquid and cover when cooking
- If all else fails, call Fox Bros. catering at 404-414-0826.