WOODSTOCK, Ga. - There’s no Sunday service or Wednesday night Bible Study at First Baptist Church Woodstock. But there is a daycare center open exclusively to the children of health care providers and others who work at Northside Cherokee Hospital.
Pastor Jeremy Morton said he decided to keep the church doors open to help those on the frontline of the Coronavirus Pandemic.
“We want to honor the rules of our elected officials and the CDC, but in times of crisis, Christians cannot turn our backs on those in need. Healthcare workers are essential right now. They’re in high demand and they need our help,” he said.
The Cherokee County megachurch plans to keep students in groups of ten in separate rooms and each child’s temperature will be taken when he or she is dropped off in the morning. The service is free to anyone who works at the hospital and the pastor said they will offer the service, as long as the parents express a need.
“I don’t think it’s the role of the church to run from a problem. We have to run towards it and do what we can to help,” said the senior pastor.
For more information, call 678-494-2838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best prevention measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least twenty seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Symptoms, testing and how to prepare amid growing COVID-19 outbreak
- Who is most susceptible to coronavirus? COVID-19 not just affecting older people
- Coronavirus cleaners: These products will kill COVID-19, according to the EPA
- Coronavirus and pets: Your cat or dog probably can’t get COVID-19, WHO says
- Will sick leave protect me if I get ill from coronavirus? 5 questions answered
RELATED: CoronavirusNOW.com, FOX launches national hub for COVID-19 news and updates.