KENNESAW - For some baseball fans in Atlanta, being in the World Series for the first time in 22 years is a feeling that's impossible to shake.
Stores in metro Atlanta were open following the final out of Game 6 on the NLCS, when the Atlanta Braves advanced to the World Series. National League Championship Series shirts, hats and other merchandise were on sale.
Academy Sports + Outdoors in Kennesaw unboxed NLCS gear late Saturday night. Items on sale included:
- Fanatics NLCS Champs Locker Room Shirts
- New Era Braves World Series Participant '21 Locker Room 940 Cap
- '47 Brand World Series Tee’s
- ’47 Brand World Series Super Rival Tee’s
- ’47 Brand NLCS Champs Super Rival Tee’s
- ’47 Brand NLCS Champs ’21 Clean Up Cap
- ’47 Brand Braves World Series Participant ’21 Cap
- ’47 Brand Braves World Series Participant ’21 Trucker Cap
- ’47 Brand Braves World Series Participant ’21 Northward Cuff Knit Beanie
- Win Craft NLCS Champs Decals, Lanyard, Coozies, Street Sign
- Win Craft World Series Participant Pennant, Decal, Car Flag
Metro Atlanta has Academy locations in Kennesaw, McDonough, Hiram, Newnan, Douglasville, Snellville, Cumming, Cartersville, Gainesvill and Buford.
Stores re-open Sunday morning to sell more gear, but items are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Items at MLBShop.com were available with free shipping on Sunday morning.