Good Day Atlanta Viewer Information: October 27, 2015
Good Day Atlanta Viewer Information for Tuesday, October 27, 2015.
Atlanta's Fox Theatre opens up for annual ghost tours! It's one of ATL's best loved-landmarks, and with so much history, there's bound to be a few ghosts haunting the stage and dressing room of the Fox Theatre! For more details, click here.
Comfort Food with Chef Franck Steigerwald of The Cafe at the Ritz-Carlton in Buckhead: He's a pro at soups and comfort foods and the restaurant's new fall menu launched on Tuesday!
RECIPE: Macaroni Carbonara with bacon, parmesan cream and fresh yolk... YUM!!
Ingredients (Makes 4 Servings):
- 1 Pint Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Cup Small Diced Yellow Onion
- ·1 tsp Minced Rosemary
- ½ Cup Diced Slab Bacon
- 12 ounces Macaroni
- 4 Eggs Yolks, separated and intact
- Chives, to taste
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pre-cook the pasta al dente.
- Boil the cream then remove from the heat and add parmesan, salt and black pepper.
- Sear the bacon and onions together, add the pasta and cook for about a minute for the pasta to absorb the flavor, add the parmesan cream and finish the cooking . Season to taste and add the chopped chives.
- Serve the macaroni in a pasta bowl top it with an egg yolk.
CARLA SAUNDERS: She's an Atlanta filmmaker who taught herself how to write and direct movies. Paul Milliken catches up with her and chats about the premiere of her new project G-P-S.