Outpouring of Support for Fairburn Family after Fire

Image 1 of 14

FOX 5 viewers have opened their hearts to help a Fairburn family who lost nearly everything in a house fire.

Kamren Seo, 12, came home after a fire broke out inside his family's house.

It happened in the 200 block of Rivertown Road in Fairburn Wednesday. Officials said the child called 911 just after 8 a.m. to report the fire, which Kamren started accidentally when he left a candle burning.

“He tried to put it out himself; couldn’t, so he called 911. Came and got the dogs brought them outside, so he did everything I train him to do, so I am very proud of that,” Karmen’s mother, Jacinta Seo said.

Kamren was able to escape and is doing fine, but the Seo home has extensive fire damage.

The single mother of four was at work when firefighters said the fire erupted. At least a dozen FOX 5 viewers contacted us and wanted to help.

"I wanted to get out and do something. For me this is more of an incentive to help and get people to help," FOX 5 viewer Charles Sneed said. Fairburn Council woman Lydia Glaize is organizing the efforts to help the family.

The Bloc Burnaz motorcycle club also heard her story and purchased this 2005 Malibu for her family.

The mother, Jacinta, said the reality of losing most all of her possessions is overwhelming.

“I don't know. I have had stuff for over 20 years and to see it burned up and gone. I can't breathe. Oh, my God,” said Seo.

Seo said the harsh reality is that with Christmas two weeks away, she has literally lost everything. In a twist of fate, she had hoped to pay her renter's insurance Friday.

“I am a little distraught right now because I don't know what to do,” said Seo.

Fire officials said the house is unlivable.

A GoFundMe Page has been set up for the family.