ALBANY, Ga. - Governor Brian Kemp will tour a pop-up care facility in Albany on Tuesday.
The medical pod arrived at Phoebe Putney Hospital several weeks ago and is scheduled to begin operations on Wednesday.
The pod houses 24 beds and will only be used to treat patients who do not have coronavirus.
Albany has been a hot spot for COVID-19 cases with at least 125 deaths in Dougherty County.
- Symptoms, testing and how to prepare amid growing COVID-19 outbreak
- Who is most susceptible to coronavirus? COVID-19 not just affecting older people
- Coronavirus cleaners: These products will kill COVID-19, according to the EPA
- Coronavirus and pets: Your cat or dog probably can’t get COVID-19, WHO says
- Will sick leave protect me if I get ill from coronavirus? 5 questions answered