Family wants others to learn from fireworks mishap

A Cobb County mother has a warning she wants to share about fireworks.

Tara Hall got quite a shock when her son Louis shot off a Roman candle from the window of their home. The video the family shared with FOX 5 News shows their son pointing the fireworks the wrong way. A large spark was seen shooting into the house instead of away from it.

Tara's husband Jason can be heard correcting his son. She said the house was full of guests at the time, but thankfully no one was hurt and nothing caught fire.

The family told us this was their son's first experience with this type of firework. Georgia legalized most fireworks for public sale and use starting July 1st.