Charging forklift's odor causes evacuation of Alpharetta office

(Alpharetta Public Safety)

Fire crews have cleared a scene after an Alpharetta office complex was evacuated due to a suspected gas leak Monday morning.

Officials say they responded to reports of a smell of gas with high levels of carbon monoxide off of Marconi Drive shortly before 10:45 a.m.

After investigating, Atlanta Gas Light crews found that natural gas and carbon monoxide were not present at the building.

The smell was caused by an electric forklift being charged nearby, Atlanta Gas Light officials told FOX 5 in a statement.

No one was injured in the evacuation. The building has now been declared safe.

WATCH: FOX 5 Atlanta live news coverage


Sign up for FOX 5 email alerts

Download the FOX 5 Atlanta app for breaking news and weather alerts.