ATLANTA (FOX 5 Atlanta) - Tennis greats return to Atlantic Station for BB&T Atlanta Open: Can he make it lucky number six? That’s the question tennis fans are asking right now as five-time BB&T Atlanta Open champ John Isner returns to Atlantic Station for this year’s highly-anticipated tournament. More: https://www.bbtatlantaopen.com/
Philip Bailey from Earth, Wind & Fire on Good Day Atlanta: Philip Bailey talks to Good Day Atlanta's Alyse Eady about this week's concert and his new solo album "Love Will Find A Way." Plus, he talks about his foundation Music Is Unity. The MIU Foundation supports foster youth as they transition into adulthood, they partnered with Foster Youth in Action an advocacy organization to address issues surrounding foster care.
For more information on this week's concert click here.
Kardea Brown, the host of Cupcake Championship on the Food Network stops by Good Day Atlanta to share a delicious blackberry hand pie recipe. Kardea Brown is also launching her own series, Delicious Miss Brown, will premiere on the Food Network on July 28, 2019. For more information on Kardea Brown on "Cupcake Championship" or "Delicious Miss Brown" click here.
Chef Sammy Davis stops by with ideas for an "all day brunch" on Good Day Atlanta. The former "Chopped: Redemption" winner opened up his own restaurant in College Park, called The Real Milk & Honey. He talks to Good Day Atlanta's Katie Beasley about his sweet success and shares a peach cobbler French toast recipe with viewers. For more information click here.
Peach Cobbler French Toast - Serves 6
Ingredients For Coating
2 Cups Oatmeal
3/4 Cups of brown sugar
1 TBSP Cinnamon
Ingredients for French Toast Batter
1 TSP Vanilla extract
1 TBSP of cinnamon
1 1/2 Cups of milk
1 Loaf of Challah bread sliced thick- 2 inches
Ingredients for Peach Cobbler Topping
2 Whole fresh peaches sliced
1/2 Cup of brown sugar
1 TBSP cinnamon
4 oz of Crown Royal peach liquor
1) Blended oatmeal, brown sugar and cinnamon together in food processor to make French Toast coating.
2) Whip together vanilla extract, eggs, cinnamon and milk together in a bowl for French toast batter
3) Cook peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon and Crown Royal peach liquor
4) Butter pan that is on medium heat
5) While heating coat both sides of bread with egg batter then coat one side in oatmeal mixture coating
6 Cook until crispy
7) Top with cream cheese icing, strawberries. Peaches on side to be topped with before eating.