KENNESAW, Ga. - Firefighters torched mock dorm rooms at Kennesaw State University to teach students about fire safety.
More than five thousand students got the lesson in fire safety during the annual campus safety day Wednesday.
Fire crews wanted to show students how quickly a blaze can spread when a lit candle comes in contact with combustible items like bedspreads or notebook paper.
School officials said the students learn a lot from these demonstrations.
The university does these demonstrations once a semester.
They do one in the fall at the Kennesaw campus.
The second demonstration will be on the Marietta campus.