'Guardian angel' saves Paulding County family from burning home

A Good Samaritan in Paulding County is being called a "guardian angel" after he saved two families from a burning home Sunday night.

On Monday, the following message was shared on the "Paulding County Uncensored" Facebook page after the fire tore through the Fairview Oaks Place home. 

"A man let me know the house was on fire and came in to help me get people out.

I am not sure who this person was, but I need him to know that he was my guardian angel. If it wasn't for him, my toddler would not be in my arms tonight. Or my husband. They were sleeping and would of been engulfed in flames within a minute or two.

You are mine and my sister's hero. You will never leave my thoughts. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts." 

We've learned the blaze forced Jaqualyn Bean's family to evacuate as well as her sister's family. The Good Samaritan saved everyone, including three kids and a number of dogs. Firefighters said when they arrived the home was already 75 percent engulfed in flames.

Bean told FOX 5 she was on her way to the store when the stranger stopped her in her driveway. She said after she got her husband and toddler daughter out, the man asked if there were others inside and was going to go back into the burning home. 

Both Bean and her sister, Amanda Poole, are devastated over the loss but said they know it could have been much worse.