ATLANTA (FOX 5 Atlanta) - Chef Sammy Davis stopped by Tuesday with ideas for an "all-day brunch" on Good Day Atlanta.
The former "Chopped: Redemption" winner opened up his own restaurant in College Park, called The Real Milk & Honey. He talked to Good Day Atlanta's Katie Beasley about his sweet success and shared a peach cobbler French toast recipe with viewers.
For more information click here.
Peach Cobbler French Toast - Serves 6
Ingredients For Coating
- 2 Cups Oatmeal
- 3/4 Cups of brown sugar
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
Ingredients for French Toast Batter
- 1 TSP Vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1 TBSP of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cups of milk
- 1 Loaf of Challah bread sliced thick- 2 inches
Ingredients for Peach Cobbler Topping
- 2 Whole fresh peaches sliced
- 1/2 Cup of brown sugar
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 4 oz of Crown Royal peach liquor
1) Blended oatmeal, brown sugar and cinnamon together in food processor to make French Toast coating.
2) Whip together vanilla extract, eggs, cinnamon and milk together in a bowl for French toast batter
3) Cook peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon and Crown Royal peach liquor
4) Butter pan that is on medium heat
5) While heating coat both sides of bread with egg batter then coat one side in oatmeal mixture coating
6 Cook until crispy
7) Top with cream cheese icing, strawberries. Peaches on side to be topped with before eating.