Two firefighters hospitalized following fire at MARTA battery maintenance facility

Image 1 of 10

Fire crews responded to a MARTA battery facility Friday morning, after flames broke out, according to officials.

Two firefighters were transported to the hospital as a precaution due to chemical inhalation, Atlanta Fire and Rescue said. 

 The Hazmat Unit, Georgia Power, and MARTA officials also went to the scene. 

The fire caused DeKalb Ave at the intersection of Gordon Ave NE to shut down in both directions.