ATLANTA - Monday, November 11, 2019
DeKalb County School Board's public survey: Take anonymous survey by clicking here.
Sam's Burger Deli in Rome: Learn more about the restaurant here.
Parent Week: Scream Free Parenting author Hal Runkel talks with Good Day's Katie Beasley.
True food Kitchen: Seasonal cooking with executive chef Adam Rowles fromTrue Food Kitchen. He brings out his culinary skills along with food that's made with simple ingredients to highlight the natural health benefits and falvors of each ingredient. For more on True Food Kitchen click here. For today's recipe see below.
Seasonal Ingredient Salad
¾ cup Roasted Brussels Sprouts
½ cup Roasted Cauliflower
½ cup Roasted Butternut Squash
½ cup Cannellini Beans (drained & rinsed)
½ cup Kale
2 tbsp Horseradish Vinaigrette
1 tbsp Dried Pomegranate Seeds
1 tbsp Toasted Mulberries
1. Combine brussels sprouts, cauliflower, squash, beans, kale, vinaigrette, and half of the pomegranate seeds & mulberries. Toss until everything is well coated.
2. Gently plate salad in a bowl. Top with remaining pomegranates and mulberries.
Yields 1 Pint
5 Oz Champagne Vinegar
4 Cloves Garlic, Rough Chopped
1 T Kosher Salt
3-4 Turns Fresh Ground Black Pepper
6 T Extra Virgin Olive oil
6 T Grapeseed Oil
1 t Sambal
6 T Horseradish
2 Each Sliced Scallions
1. Combine vinegar, water, garlic salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl.
2. Blend ingredients with immersion blender for about 30 seconds until the mixture is homogeneous.
3. Slowly drizzle in the oils while blending the mixture until it is fully emulsified.
4. Mix in sambal, horseradish and scallions by hand.
5. Place in refrigerator to cool.
6. Serve cold.
Mark Owens from Star 94.1's Jenn and Freinds morning radio show talks to Good Day Atlanta: Mark Owens joins Good Day Atlanta anchor, Joanne Feldman to weigh in on all the chatter regarding the remake of the popular holiday song Baby It's Cold Outside." For more information on Star 94.1 click here.
Pet of the day from the Humane Society of Cobb County. For more information on how you can adopt today's pet click here.