Firefighters contain Norcross hotel blaze

Image 1 of 2

(Courtesy: Gwinnett County Fire Rescue)

A fire at a Norcross hotel caused heavy damage on Monday, firefighters said.

Around 9 p.m. Monday evening firefighters responded to a fire at the Knight Inn Hotel located in the 5100 block of Brookhollow Parkway, NW.

Firefighters said they arrived to find flames roaring out of two rooms, causing heavy damage. A third unit suffered some damage as a result of the fire.

No injuries were reported as of Monday evening.

Fire investigators say it appears the fire started in a unit that was not occupied or being rented, and they believe the fire originated from a floor mounted HVAC system and is electrical in nature.