COWETA COUNTY, Ga. - A family is out of a home following a massive house fire in Coweta County on E. Reynolds Road, making it difficult to find refuge during the coronavirus pandemic.
As a violent fire ripped through the home near Newnan around 11 p.m. Wednesday night, neighbors and friends were quick to capture images of the startling scene.
"I have a friend that lives a street over and she says you heard a bang explosion and then 10-15 minutes later the house was engulfed in flames," Shelby Hines said. Her mother and siblings lived in the home.
Thankfully, no one was inside at the time of the fire.
The Coweta County Fire Marshal is still investigating, although investigators say the home was older and more likely to catch fire from age.
Investigators say the building is a complete and total loss.
"It’s devastating because this is the second time we’ve lost a home and everything in it," Hines said.
The first, Hines says, was about four years ago.
Download the FOX 5 Atlanta app for breaking news and weather alerts.
Hines mother was too upset to speak with FOX 5 through a phone or zoom interview, but sent a text:
"...my daughter is such a[n] angel, she's so worried about me and we just in [the] last five months got a home..."
"I just can't believe this happened to us again," she said.
Best prevention measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least twenty seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Symptoms, testing and how to prepare amid growing COVID-19 outbreak
- Who is most susceptible to coronavirus? COVID-19 not just affecting older people
- Coronavirus cleaners: These products will kill COVID-19, according to the EPA
- Coronavirus and pets: Your cat or dog probably can’t get COVID-19, WHO says
- Will sick leave protect me if I get ill from coronavirus? 5 questions answered
RELATED: CoronavirusNOW.com, FOX launches national hub for COVID-19 news and updates.