Master the grill: easy oyster recipe for spring
Chef Linkie Marais on the FOX 5 Weather Deck Wednesday morning grilling on a Big Green Egg and provided us with this delicious recipe:
Linkie's Grilled Spicy Tequila Oysters
Yield: 12 Oysters
- 12 Oysters
- 3-4 tsp. Tequila
- 6 tbsp. Butter (room temp)
- 2-3 tsp. Canned Chipotle (chopped with seeds)
- 1 tbsp. Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. Garlic (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp. Lime Zest
- 2 tsp. Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp. Cilantro (chopped)
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Garnish – Chopped cilantro and lime wedges
1. Not including the oysters and tequila, combine the rest of the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Using a fork, mash the ingredients together until mixed well.
2. Spoon butter mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap. Roll the wrap into a log and then chill the butter for about 1 hour.
3. Preheat grill to approx. 450 F.
4. Cut the butter log into thin coins.
5. Shuck oysters without spilling too much of the liquor.
6. Place oysters on the grill and cook for 2 minutes or until they start to bubble slightly.
7. Place a butter coin on each of the oysters, then cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the oysters are bubbling.
8. Remove oysters from the grill and spoon ¼ tsp. Tequila over each oyster and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
9. Serve immediately with lime wedges.