ATLANTA (FOX 5 Atlanta) - Angelica Hale on Good Day Atlanta: Singer Angelica Hale stops by Good Day Atlanta on her 12th Birthday to talk about her upcoming show at Byers Theatre at City Springs in Sandy Springs. She is a Sepsis & Kidney Transplant survivor who received a kidney from her mother, Eva Hale. Angleica Hale just released her second single, "Overcome." For more information on Angelica Hale's Hometown Show click here. For more information on her latest music click here.
Fitness expert and Atlanta radio personality Maria More on Good Day Atlanta: For more information on Maria More on Majic 107.5 click here.
"MasterChef "contestant Dorian Hunter stops by Good Day Atlanta to demonstrate how to cook fried green tomoatoes with a king crab salad on top. For today's recipe see below. For more on "MasterChef," which airs on FOX 5 on at Wednesday's at 8PM, click here.
Chef Dorian’s Alaskan King Crab Salad with Fried Green Tomatoes
Yield: 2-4 servings
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 30 Minutes
- Green Tomatoes | 1 Large
- Panko Breadcrumbs | 2 Cup
- All Purpose Flower | 1 Cup
- Eggs | 2 Large
- Vegetable Oil | 1 Cup
- Crab Meat | 2 Cup
- Lemon (zest) | 1
- Mayo | 1 Cup
- Tarragon (chopped) | 1 Teaspoon
- Chives (chopped) | 1 Teaspoon
- Parsley | 1 Teaspoon
- Olive oil | 1 Teaspoon
- Hot Sauce | 1 Tablespoon
- Cayenne Pepper | 1/4 Teaspoon
- Slice green tomatoes, add salt and pepper
- Setup the three-part breading system by putting tomatoes in one at a time, coating them with the flour, egg, and breadcrumbs separately. Repeat until all tomatoes are covered.
- Pour oil in skillet and set to medium heat, when heated place tomatoes one at a time and fry on each side until golden brown. Remove from skillet once finished, and place on paper towel to soak up any remaining oil. Sprinkle a light pinch of salt on the slices.
- Place crab meat in a medium sized bowl. Add tarragon, chives, parsley and lemon zest, the juice from ½ of the lemon.
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and gently toss together.
- Place mayo in a small bowl, add in hot sauce and or cayenne pepper, then set aside
- Place tomatoes on plate, add crab meat salad on top of the tomatoes, and top both with the spicy mayo mix.
Special Note: Please ensure eggs are beaten before using to coat the tomatoes, Slice tomatoes thin
Lemon should be zested before cutting in half
Casting Call: Atlanta actor and radio personality Greg Clarkson stops by with the latest on "extra" jobs in film and TV casting in Georgia. For today's listings click here.
Dish Nation: Headkrack a member of the Rickey Smiley Show and one of the host of Dish Nation stops by to discuss the latest celebrity and entertainment news with Good Day Atlanta's Alyse Eady. For more information on "Dish Nation" click here.