KENNESAW, Ga. - HAZMAT teams in Cobb County responded to a chemical processing facility in Kennesaw Tuesday afternoon after a potentially dangerous situation was reported.
Cobb County Fire said they responded to the Chemlink Laboratory located in the 3900 block of Royal Drive around 3:30 p.m. after receiving a report of a smoke in the building.
Firefighters believed a smoldering fire created a hazardous chemical reaction.
The building was evacuated and there have been no reports of injuries or exposures to the potentially harmful chemicals.
Royal Drive was closed off at Jiles Road while the incident was being worked.