High 5 Sports Team of the Week: Congratulations to the South Atlanta Hornets for being selected this week's High 5 Team of the Week. For more information click here.
Owen Vaccaro talks his latest project "Team Marco": Owen plays screen obsessed Marco whose grandfather moves in with his family and encourages him to disconnect from his iPad and start a bocce ball team with the neighborhood kids. Owen’s character of Marco and Marco’s family are all Italian as is Owen himself. Owen is known for his roles in Eli Roth’s film adaptation of The House With a Clock In Its Walls opposite Jack Black and Cate Blanchett as well Daddy’s Home and Daddy’s Home 2. Team Marco releases Friday November 20.
Skye Estroff joins us to talk about holiday gatherings, her love for biscuits and a lesson on how to make infused butter. For more information follow her on Instagram @Skye.Estroff.
Chew Edwin Molina from the Iberian Pig joins us with a less on on how to make a stuffing/dressing for Thanksgiving plus a mac and cheese dish using Mahon cheese. For Today's recipes see below. For more information on the Iberian Pig click here.
Mahon Crema for Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Iberian Pig
1.5 Cups A.P Flour
1# of Butter
9 cups milk
5 Cups Heavy Cream
2# Grated mahon cream
.5 C minced garlic
.5 C minced shallot
.5 C white wine
1 TBSP cumin
- In large pot, melt butter on medium heat.
- Add minced shallot and garlic and sweat until translucent.
- Add flour. Whisk continuously as roux forms. Work out any clumps.
- Add white wine. Let reduce by ½
- Add Cream and Milk.
- Bring to simmer.
- Add cheese and all the seasonings.
- Simmer 15-20min.
- Make sure to keep whisking the bottom to avoid scorching.
- Blend with stick blender or in vitamix.
- Store and reserve.
Gremolata for Macaroni and Cheese recipe. This goes on top of dish.
1/4 # Butter
6 cloves garlic (wrasped on microplane)
1 lemons (zest only)
1C chopped parsley
s+p to taste
- Mince parsley and set aside
- Melt butter in medium rondo
- Add panko and sir continuously. DO NOT LEAVE ALONE
- Once the panko shows light color, add lemon zest and garlic.
- Keep stirring until even golden-brown color.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add minced parsley right before cooling.
- Place on a sheet pan and let cool at room temp.
- Store at room temp in a sealed container.
2 apples peeled and sliced
1 cup of walnuts toasted and chopped fine
2 loaves of cubed bread large with crust
2 tablespoon poultry seasoning
¼ cup of celery leaves
2# of sweet Italian sausage fully cooked
2 cups of stock or 1 bouillon cube dissolved in hot water
1 cup of fully cooked giblets chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
In a sauté pan sauté the sausage until fully cooked. Add the poultry seasoning, celery leaves, walnuts, apples, and giblets. Mix thoroughly. Add the chicken stock and turn off the heat. Pour into a bowl with the diced bread and mix thoroughly until all liquid is absorbed and mixture is tacky. Stuff into bird’s cavity and neck cavity and cook until done, or pour mixture into a casserole dish and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.