PAULDING COUNTY, Ga. (FOX 5 Atlanta) - A fire that destroyed a high school baseball team's field house brought a community together.
South Paulding High School lost the locker rooms and some equipment for its baseball and softball teams Tuesday evening. Investigators tell FOX 5 someone was filling a lawnmower with gas when a spark caught the building on fire. That ignited some nearby propane tanks.
“The outpour and support that we're getting from the community and other high schools is just overwhelming,” says Scott Brown, president of the SPHS Booster Club. “We can't thank everybody enough for that.”
Since the fire, businesses have donated equipment to the baseball team.
The fire happened on the eve of the team's second round of the state playoffs. South Paulding playing Harrison High School in Kennesaw. Harrison's principal said her school prepared equipment for South Paulding players and would donate to rebuilding efforts.
Investigators tell FOX 5 no one was injured in the fire.