Summer beach reads and treats with Mary Kay Andrews
ATLANTA (FOX 5 Atlanta) - Nothing says summer than a good book in your hand, walking in the sand and a tasty cocktail by your side, and nobody knows that better than Mary Kay Andrews.
Andrews is a New York Times best-selling author and joins on set to talk about her new novel "Sunset Beach," her picks for summer beach reads, plus the recipes for a few of her favorite beach treats. For more click here.
See below for a list of upcoming events with Mary Kay Andrews:
Woodstock, Ga. | Tuesday, June 4, 2019 | 11 a.m.
Mimosas with Patti Callahan Henry
FoxTale Book Shoppe
105 E. Main St. Suite 138
Marietta, Ga. | Wednesday, June 5, 2019 | 7 p.m.
2932 Canton Rd # 220
Milton, Ga. | Thursday, June 6, 2019 | 6 p.m.
The North Atlanta Author Series hosted by Bookmiser
855 Mayfield Road
Redneck Caviar recipe
- 2 (15.5-oz) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled okra
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Corn chips for serving
- Combine the black-eyed peas, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, okra, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Whisk the oil and vinegar together in a separate bowl and stir into the black-eyed pea mixture. Serve with the corn chips.
- 2 (12-oz.) cans frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 (12-oz.) bottles light Mexican beer
- 2 (8-oz.) cans lemon-lime soda
- 1 1/2 cups tequila
- Margarita salt
- Lime wedges, for serving
Stir the limeade concentrate, beer, soda, and tequila together in a pitcher. Pour into ice-filled glasses rimmed with the margarita salt, and serve with lime wedges.