ATLANTA - Star Provisions Market and Cafe chef and owner Anne Quatrano stopped by Good Day Atlanta Friday morning to prepare a green bean casserole.
For more information on Star Provisions Market & Cafe and their Thanksgiving to-go menu and all the fixins, click here.
For Friday's recipe see below:
Filet Beans with Wild Mushroom Cream and Crispy Shallots
- 3 # nickel filet or blue lake beans – tipped, blanched then iced
- 1 # assorted wild mushrooms – cleaned and torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot diced finely
- ¼ cup sherry
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Cracked black pepper and salt to taste
- 4 shallots thinly sliced in rings
- ½ cup flour seasoned with cracked black pepper and salt
- 2 cups canola oil
- Heat canola oil in 4-quart saucepan until about 325 degrees.
- Dredge sliced shallots in seasoned flour and fry until golden brown and crispy in hot oil. You may want to fry in batches to keep the oil temperature correct. Drain on paper towels and reserve.
- Sauté mushrooms & diced shallots in olive oil and butter until wilted. Deglaze with sherry. Reduce until liquid is almost gone and add chicken stock. Reduce by half and add heavy cream. Bring to simmer and simmer for 5 minutes and toss with blanched beans.
- Transfer to casserole. Place in 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes until bubbling hot.
- Top with crispy fried shallots and return to oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.