ATLANTA - Good Day Atlanta viewer information for Friday, August 18, 2017.
Burgers with Buck: Learn more about Semper Fi Bar & Grille here.
Recording Artist Tauren Wells brings Positivity to Atlanta: He's spending the summer onstage with music legends Lionel Richie and Mariah Carey, spreading a message of faith and positivity with his smooth vocals and infectious music. And during a recent stop in Atlanta, recording artist Tauren Wells thrilled the crowd at Duluth's Infinite Energy Arena with songs from his debut solo album, Hills and Valleys. View more here!
Atlanta's Karin Slaughter returns with new novel: Click here for more details!
FOXERIA DEL SOL 2017: Get ready for FOXERIA DEL SOL 2017 with two of the most popular restaurants in Atlanta FOX Bros. Bar-B-Q and Taqueria del Sol joining forces to celebrate the hatch chile. It's all to benefit the Hogs for a Cause, a nonprofit organization that helps fund sources for pediatric brain cancer outreach in the United States. For more information click here.
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1/2 cup dice onions fine dice
- 1/4 cup chopped green chiles (fresh if u have them or can Rosarita)
- 1 whole serrano pepper diced small
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- 1 crush garlic clove (peeled)
- In a sauce pan heat the oil and add onions garlic and serrano pepper.
- Sauté for 3 minutes and add the cooked beans.
- Sauté for another 3 minutes then add the cumin and mash to combine well
- Reduce heat and simmer another 3 minutes
For the Salad:
- 2 cups of diced iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup small dice onions
- 1 /2 cup diced green chiles
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Method: Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl and reserve
To assemble Tostadas:
- Take 12 crispy tortillas
- Spoon 1 tsp. cooked beans onto tostada and top with 1 tsp. of salad
- Top tostada with grated cotija cheese or parmesan