ATLANTA (FOX 5-Atlanta) - Taste of Italy vs. France at Il Giallo in Sandy Springs: Everyone knows that Italian food and wine are one of the best combinations of all time. Il Giallo's restaurant in Sandy Springs, is preparing for their Italy vs France Wine Dinner. Employees at the restaurant say each course will feature a protein prepared in both Italian and French styles.
They'll be paired with a French and Italian wine. Guests will vote for their favorite course. The winning country/chef will be announced at the end of the meal. The Italy vs. France Wine Dinner is October 3.
Chef Jamie prepared the recipe is for his signature il Giallo meatballs. You can find it below.
For more information on the il Giallo resturant click here.
Il Giallo Chicken, Turkey and Pork Meatballs
Makes About 20-25 Meatballs
1# Ground Chicken
1# Ground Turkey
½ # Ground Beef
¾ Cups Bread Crumbs
¾ Cups Grated Parmigiano or Grana Cheese
1 Onion, Finely Diced
5-8 Sage Leaves, Chopped
1 ½ Teaspoons Salt
1 ½ Teaspoons Pepper
½ Cup All Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Cup Dry Red Wine
1 Quart Neutral Tomato Sauce
- Mix all of the top ingredients together using a mixer with the paddle attachment until it becomes "sticky".
- Roll meatballs into the desired size, about 1-2 ounces.
- Dust them with flour on a cookie sheet so that they get lightly dusted all the way around.
- In a pan large enough to hold the meatballs and the sauce, heat the olive oil and gently brown the meatballs, rolling them over with a spoon or a fork until browned on all sides.
- Add the red wine and the tomato sauce, lower the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the meatballs are firm, serve over polenta or pasta or just by themselves.
- If the sauce gets too thick, add a little chicken broth.
Champ Bailey on Good Day Atlanta: Champ Bailey a 12 time pro bowler, a three time first team all pro, a consensus All American at UGA, a Bronco Nagurski Award winner and now a pro football Hall of Famer, stops by Good Day Atlanta to talk about this weekend's big UGA game vs. Notre Dame. Champ Bailey will be awarded at the game Saturday and will be hosting a player's reception after the game. For more information on The Players Reception and how to attend click here.
WWE Smackdown Women's Champion Bayley on Good Day Atlanta: WWE Smackdown Women's Champion, Bayley stops by Good Day Atlanta to talk about her recent defeat of Charlotte Flair at the WWE Clash of Champions. She grew up watching wrestling and now she holds the title. Bayley talks to Good Day's Katie Beasley about her sweet success and how she is known the "hugger." Plus her appearance at WWE Smackdown Live in Atlanta at State Farm Arena. For more information click here.