This browser does not support the Video element.
DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. (FOX 5 Atlanta) - Residents of a DeKalb County condominium complex are wondering if they have an arsonist among them after a series of fires and a bizarre incident involving small trees. DeKalb County Police and Fire are working in tandem to determine if the person who pulled some trees out of the ground and left them at somebody’s door is the same person who set the fires.
App users: View full article here
On security video, a mysterious man is seen leaving a small tree at the front door of the condominium home of a woman. He seems to acknowledge the security camera as he’s leaving.
The tree and two others like it, the woman said, were pulled from outside her building, where they've already been replaced.
“He uprooted them brought them up the stairs this was at 2:42 this morning. And I feel this is retaliation for the HOA association,” she said.
The woman who didn’t want her face shown told FOX 5 News it may be in retaliation to some left over issues she dealt with as a former member of the HOA.
Another resident who also didn’t want her face shown said she’s the one who extinguished a small fire in her building Monday night around eight.
“It makes it very uncomfortable I don’t know if there’s some serial arsoning going on,” she said.
You don't have a PDF plugin, but you can download the PDF file.
A representative of DeKalb County Fire and Rescue said there have been three small deliberately set fires at separate buildings of the Rue Fountaine complex in the Lithonia area in the last week.
“We’re living on the edge. The fire marshal pretty much tells us to be vigilant,” said the woman who lives in the condo where the trees were left.
When FOX 5 News was there, the current HOA was putting in new locks and reinforcing security as police and fire work together to determine if this tree pulling menace is the same person who set the fires.
“We are owners here. We are not going anywhere so you’re not going to scare us out of our home,” the woman said.
A representative of DeKalb Fire and Rescue said posters will be placed outside the condo complex to try to find the person responsible.