White House shooting: Gunman shot by Secret Service

D.C. police are responding to gunshots near the White House on Saturday evening, The White House has been placed on lockdown, according to multiple reports.

Reports of gunshots started coming around 6 p.m. ET

Fox News' Chad Pergram was at the White House on Saturday as part of the press pool. Sources told Pergram that a gunman fired three times at the White House and that the U.S. Secret Service shot the gunman. Officials said the gunman never breached the White House perimiter.

A bystander was hit by the crossfire, a senior administration official told Pergram.

Other reporters have shared videos of Secret Service agents on the White House lawn.

Fox News reported that the lockdown had been lifted around 7:30 p.m. ET.

FBI Director Kash Patel said on X Saturday that the FBI and the Secret Service have responded to the scene.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated as more information is available.

The Source: Information in this story is from Fox News and FBI Director Kash Patel

Washington, D.C.News