ATLANTA - The College Football Playoff National Championship has finally arrived! Tonight, the Georgia Bulldogs will take on the Alabama Crimson Tide inside Atlanta's Mercedes-Benz Stadium, and there are a few things fans should know before heading to the big game.
GAME DAY SCHEDULE:
- 3 PM: Box office and ticket windows open
- 5 PM: Stadium gates open
- 7:30 PM: Pregame show
- 8 PM: Kickoff!
- Gate 1: Off Northside Dr., across from Vine City Marta Station
- Gate 2: Off International Plaza, at entrance to the Front Porch
- Gate 3: Off International Plaza, at entrance to the Front Porch
- Gate 4: Off MLK Dr., at entrance to the Front Porch
- Silver Deck Bridge
- ***The CFP is advising fans to enter through Gate 4 because a lot of people will be coming in at Gate 2
PARKING & TAILGATING: Parking lots around the stadium will open at various times.
- Purchase mobile parking tickets here
- Gameday parking fees: $60 for standard vehicles, $150 for limousines, $175 for RVs and buses
- Download Waze for directions to parking lots
- Click here for more information regarding parking passes, pricing, & tailgating
Atlanta Police are urging fans to take advantage of public transportation. College Football Playoff officials said it would be ideal for fans to get to the area by 4 p.m. Monday, or well in advance. Major traffic delays are expected, including President Donald Trump's presidential motorcade.
MORE TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS:
- Rideshare: Designated Rideshare drop-off & pick-up location will be on Martin Luther King Jr. Dr outside Gate 1 of MBS
- Taxis will pick up on Centennial Olympic Park Dr., curbside near Philips Arena
- MARTA will offer additional rail service beginning at 5 a.m. Monday until 2 a.m. Tuesday. Preferred stations for arrival and departure are the GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center and Vine City
BAG POLICY: Everyone will be subject to search upon entry into the stadium. Complimentary CFP-branded bags will be distributed at the following locations: All bag valet locations, Championship Campus parking lots, Downtown hotels, Outside CNN Center & Vine City MARTA stations, and via volunteers positioned throughout Championship Campus & Downtown Hotel District. Click here for more
- Clear tote (plastic, vinyl, or PVC) not exceeding 12" x 6" x 12"
- Plastic storage bag, no larger than one gallon (re-sealable, clear)
- Small clutch/purse (with or without strap), no larger than 4.5" x 6.5"
- Diaper bag no larger than 4.5" x 6.5"
PROHIBITED ITEMS: These items will not be allowed inside Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- Animals (Except service animals)
- Bags that don't meet bag policy
- Bottles, cans, cups or beverage containers
- Cameras with lens longer than 8"
- Chairs, stools or other seating
- Food items
- Inflated balls
- Knives of any length
- Large umbrellas (must be under 33")
- Laser pointers
- Pyrotechnics, firearms or weapons
- Signs or flags larger than 3' x 5' and no poles or sticks
- Tripods, monopods or selfie-sticks
- Any other item deemed dangerous or inappropriate
For more information on the CFP National Championship, click here. #GoDawgsFOX5