STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. - She almost died after having an allergic reaction and a metro Atlanta woman said she is forever grateful to the first responders who saved her life.
Kasi Crawford said she unknowingly ate seafood stuffed inside chicken at an event at Stone Mountain Park's Evergreen Marriott Resort on July 21.
"I immediately started going into respiratory failure and then cardiac arrest," said Crawford.
Stone Mountain Park Police Corporal Warren Hall was the first to arrive on the scene. He and other first responders took turns doing chest compressions for the 20 minutes it took for an ambulance to arrive.
"[I'm] very, very happy that she's alive," said Cpl. Hall.
Just half an hour after being released from the hospital, Crawford went to the park to pick up her car and ran into Cpl. Hall. She posted a video on Facebook thanking him for his help, but that was not enough. Crawford stopped by the public safety building at the park Wednesday to thank all the officers and firefighters who responded during her emergency.
"Every time I've dealt with police officers, it's been negative. I've never had anything nice to say and so, going through this and you know, them saving my life just really makes me look at things differently and I'm just so thankful," said Crawford.