CHEROKEE COUNTY, Ga. - Milton Police returned to the scene of the crime Tuesday night in their search for a lone intruder involved in a home invasion at the house owned by Buffalo Bills Running Back LeSean McCoy.
Milton Police said they were called at the home invasion at 392 Hickory Pass, close to the Cherokee County line, at around 3:18 a.m. Tuesday.
Officers said that they discovered a woman who told them that she had been assaulted by a "lone intruder" who had demanded specific items from her.
Tuesday investigators removed what appeared to be surveillance equipment from the house that night.
“We’re just here for a follow up, thank you,” an officer on the scene said.
Police wouldn’t discuss specifics of the evidence gathered but in an earlier press release said the home invasion was not a random act and that the house was targeted.
Investigators said the victim was rushed to North Fulton Regional Hospital and has since been released. Asecond woman suffered a minor injury in the home invasion.
Several people, apparent friends of the victims, wouldn’t talk about the attack but did say the two women are recovering .
“She’s just resting she’s fine,” said one woman who was entering the home.
The incident blew up on the internet after a friend of the victim accused McCoy on social media of being part of the assault.
Tuesday afternoon, McCoy’s attorney Jacoby Hudson confirmed to FOX 5 that the NFL star owns the home.
Hudson said McCoy served an eviction notice against his former girlfriend in July 2017, and gave her five months to leave the home.
According to Hudson, McCoy allowed the woman to stay in the home after the eviction date because he felt sorry for her after she asked him where she and her children could go.
Hudson said McCoy place security cameras around the home which the ex-girlfriend removed.
According to the attorney, McCoy has been in Miami preparing for the upcoming NFL season and living in his Miami residence.
Earlier Tuesday, McCoy went on social media to blast accusations that he was involved in the incident.
In an Instagram post, McCoy wrote, “For the record, the totally baseless and offensive claims made against me today on social medial are completely false. Further move, I have not had any direct contact with any of the people involved in months.”
McCoy, 29, is a six-time Pro Bowl player, spending the last three seasons with Buffalo following six seasons with Philadelphia.
Police indicated that their investigation into the attack is ongoing.