If you have been sneezing or feeling a tad under the weather... you're not alone! It could be due to the pollen.
FOX 5 Storm Team's Joanne Feldman says Wednesday's pollen count of 5,098 is the highest so far this year. In fact, it's the highest since April 9, 2015, when the count was 6,152.
Wednesday's pollen count is much higher than anything reported from 2017. The highest last year was only about 3,500... which is still high!
The main tree pollens contributing to the high count include oak, pine, mulberry, hackberry, and willow, according to Atlanta Allergy & Asthma.
Tips for surviving high pollen days, per Atlanta Allergy & Asthma:
- Keep car and house windows closed
- Change or clean air filters regularly
- Shower before going to bed or when you get home
- Wear sunglasses to keep pollen out of your eyes
- Remove shoes when entering your home