ATLANTA (FOX 5 Atlanta) - "MasterChef "contestant Dorian Hunter stops by Good Day Atlanta to demonstrate how to cook fried green tomatoes with a king crab salad on top. Dorian says this recipe is quick, easy and fun to make. She tells Sharon that being on MasterChef was a fun but tough experience. For today's recipe see below. For more on "MasterChef," which airs on FOX 5 Atlanta on Wednesday's at 8 p.m., click here.
Yield: 2-4 servings
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 30 Minutes
- Green Tomatoes | 1 Large
- Panko Breadcrumbs | 2 Cup
- All Purpose Flower | 1 Cup
- Eggs | 2 Large
- Vegetable Oil | 1 Cup
- Crab Meat | 2 Cup
- Lemon (zest) | 1
- Mayo | 1 Cup
- Tarragon (chopped) | 1 Teaspoon
- Chives (chopped) | 1 Teaspoon
- Parsley | 1 Teaspoon
- Olive oil | 1 Teaspoon
- Hot Sauce | 1 Tablespoon
- Cayenne Pepper | 1/4 Teaspoon
- Slice green tomatoes, add salt and pepper
- Setup the three-part breading system by putting tomatoes in one at a time, coating them with the flour, egg, and breadcrumbs separately. Repeat until all tomatoes are covered.
- Pour oil in skillet and set to medium heat, when heated place tomatoes one at a time and fry on each side until golden brown. Remove from skillet once finished, and place on paper towel to soak up any remaining oil. Sprinkle a light pinch of salt on the slices.
- Place crab meat in a medium sized bowl. Add tarragon, chives, parsley and lemon zest, the juice from ½ of the lemon.
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and gently toss together.
- Place mayo in a small bowl, add in hot sauce and or cayenne pepper, then set aside
- Place tomatoes on plate, add crab meat salad on top of the tomatoes, and top both with the spicy mayo mix.
Special Note: Please ensure eggs are beaten before using to coat the tomatoes, Slice tomatoes thin
Lemon should be zested before cutting in half