The Good Day Atlanta High 5 for Teachers contest, sponsored by Montlick & Associates, spotlights exceptional high school teachers in the Atlanta metro area. Five finalists have now been chosen to compete for the title of High 5 Teacher.
Each finalist will receive a $500 check from Montlick & Associates. A teacher profile piece was shot for each finalist and aired on Good Day Atlanta, and now viewers are asked to vote on their favorite finalist. We have included each profile below so that viewers can re-watch the pieces and cast their vote.
After the voting period ends on April 20, the finalist with the most votes will be named the High 5 Teacher, and his or her school will receive a $2,500 donation from Montlick & Associates.
Click on each finalist's name to see their story and VOTE HERE!
Finalist #1: Randa Smith
Finalist #2: Courtney Whitley
Finalist #3: Andy Esserwein
Finalist #4: Leigh Ann Dyer
Finalist #5: Michaela Hyland
For reference, the timeline of the contest is as follows:
- February 26 - March 9: Nominations accepted on fox5atlanta.com
- March 9- March 14: Finalist Chosen & School Notified
- March 26– April 11: Finalists profiles air
- April 12 - April 20: Voting Period
- Weeks of April 23 and April 30: High 5 Teacher Announced & Presentation of Prize to School