ATLANTA - Georgia’s hands-free law goes into effect in less than a week and there are still a lot of questions about what that means for drivers.
Here are some things every driver should know:
- Starting July 1 drivers cannot hold their phone in their hand while driving.
- They still can't read, write, or send a message while driving.
- And drivers can't record or broadcast video from their photo while they are driving.
- But drivers can still make calls with a hands-free device.
- And drivers can touch the phone to dial, answer, or hang up a call.
- Drivers can also use their phone for GPS navigation.
Law enforcement reminds drivers there is no grace period when the law goes into effect.