Woman, 61, killed in Madison County house fire

- A fire that claimed the life of a Madison County woman has been ruled accidental. 

The blaze broke out shortly after 9 p.m. on Memorial Day in Colbert, Georgia. It happened at a home on Jack Sharp Road. 

Authorities said Patricia Hudson, 61, was home alone when the fire broke out. She was killed in the fire. 

Investigators said the fire was a result of unattended cooking on a stove. 

The home was completely destroyed in the fire. 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes advertiser stories