Walton County man killed in mobile home fire trying to save dogs

- A man was killed in a mobile home fire in Walton County, and two others were left injured. 

The fire broke out around 2:30 a.m. Friday at 2220 Willow Springs Church Road in Social Circle. Adam Rogers, 58, was killed in the fire. Daniel Stevenson and Krade Kardem each suffered minor burns to their hands and feet while rescuing Rogers from the blaze before he died at the hospital. 

Investigators determined the fire was due to an unattended stovetop cooking. 

Officials said Rogers alerted Stevenson and Kardem of the smoke, and they all made it out safely. Then, Rogers went back inside to rescue several pet dogs, and when he didn't reemerge, the other two went back in to find him. 

Rogers was flown to Grady Burn Center in Atlanta where he passed away. 

Investigators said several dogs died as a result of the fire. 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes advertiser stories