COBB COUNTY, Ga. - An explosion at a home in Cobb County put two people in the hospital Sunday afternoon, according to Cobb County fire officials.
The explosion happened at an unoccupied house under repair along the 800 block of Powers Ferry Road.
Officials told FOX 5 two men were in the crawl space doing repair work when the explosion happened. The men were reportedly using a gas torch to work on plumbing under the home. Emergency crews say the men were injured during the flash explosion, but are expected to recover.
No one was living at the home. In fact, the property was listed for sale and had been shown to potential buyers earlier in the day, the Property Agent tells FOX 5 News. The home is a total loss and will likely need to be torn down, the agent added.
The force of this gas explosion at a Cobb County home was so powerful it collapsed the chimney, buckled the floors and blasted the bricks from the side of the house. 2 injured. We are LIVE with an update at 6 on @FOX5Atlanta pic.twitter.com/ytrVA07GO9— Will Nunley FOX 5 (@willnunleyfox5) November 25, 2018