ATLANTA - Friday, November 11, is Veterans Day -- a day dedicated to honoring our brave heroes who have kept our country safe.
As a way to say "thank you," many restaurants and venues are offering special discounts for veterans and active military members. So let's make sure our veterans know what they can take advantage of on Friday!
Keep in mind: Most businesses require a valid military ID or proof of service.
At the World of Coke they offer free admission to vets - current and former - all year round, but here's an added veterans benefit, through November 13, you can purchase up to four general admission tickets at 50 percent off for friends and family. Go to the ticket window for this deal.
Let's slide over to the Georgia Aquarium. They have a couple of offers. There is Military Monday. Free admission each Monday from November 7 through December 26. PLUS, November 11 and November 12 free entrance for active and former military members courtesy of The Home Depot Foundation. But, tickets have to be bought at the counter - not online.
From 5 to 8 p.m Chick-fil-a is giving away a free meal to active and retired military personnel. Again. Have your ID handy.
Veterans Day Offers: Restaurants
- California Pizza Kitchen
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Red Lobster
- Outback Steakhouse
- Olive Garden
- Golden Corral
- Chicken Salad Chicks
- Texas Roadhouse
- J Christoper's
Call or check their websites for specifics.
- Main Event bowling - one hour free bowling until 3 p.m.
- LaVida Massage and Wounded Warrior Project - 90, hour-long massages. Check their FB page for sign up.
- Goo-Goo 3-Minute Express Wash - free $6 express wash all day Thursday, November 10th
- Red Roof Inn - 15 percent off through November
- Publix - 10 percent off on Veterans Day
- Dantanna's - complimentary entree up to $25 value on Veterans Day
- Shoney's - free All-American Burger on the holiday
Military.com is a great resource for our veterans on all sorts of issues.
Please check back daily as I will be updating the Veterans Day offers.