SPALDING COUNTY, Ga. - A Spalding County man said he suffered severe burns along his leg after his e-cigarette battery caught on fire.
TJ Brooks said the battery was in his pocket at the time.
Brooks said it's been more than a week but the second-degree burns are still painful.
He said he was wearing shorts when the battery in his pocket caught fire. He thinks it may have short-circuited when it hit another piece of metal.
TJ said he's vaped for years but he thinks it's too dangerous now.
He's also warning other vape users to avoid carrying batteries in their pockets.