COBB COUNTY, Ga. - Firefighters in Cobb County spent Tuesday afternoon battling a massive house fire.
It happened in the 3500 block of Davis Road around 3:15 p.m. Firefighters arrived to find a two-story home with smoke coming from the attic. Fire officials said they were able to quickly get the blaze under control.
Davis Road was shut down from Sawmill Terrace to Shallowford Road for a few hours while crews worked the scene.
Firefighters rescued two cats from the home, but there were no injuries reported.
Fire investigators will be looking into if lightning sparked the blaze.