HALL COUNTY, Ga. - Authorities in Hall, Jackson, and Barrow counties shut down six large-scale grow houses and seized more than $7.1 million in marijuana over an 8-day period last month.
The Hall County Multi-Agency Narcotics Squad said they seized well over 1,500 marijuana plants, more than 300 pounds of process marijuana, and $329,735 in cash. Nine people were arrested.
“Operations such as this are proof that large-scale drug networks are not just operating in Hall County, but are invading our quiet neighborhoods. Among our biggest concerns in these types of cases is the fact that they occur in normal, residential neighborhoods and have the potential to bring violent crimes with them,” Sheriff Gerald Couch was quoted as saying in a release sent to FOX 5 News.
The sheriff reported that the following people were arrested following the raids:
- Minh Luong, 53, of Gainesville
- Phi Ngoc Luong, 25, of Hoschton
- Henry Nguyen, 48, of Gainesville
- Hang Nguyen 53, of Duluth
- Thao Phoung Nguyen, 26, of Hoschton
- Trung Bui, 47, of Flowery Branch
- Binh Van Hoang, 52, of Flowery Branch
- Nam Van Dao, 46, of Gainesville
- Thu Thi Phan, 50, of Flowery Branch
Arrest warrants were issued for:
- Sen Thi Do, 46, of Flowery Branch
- Vinh To, 63, of Flowery Branch
- Dung Nguyen, 47, of Flowery Branch
All are being charged with various drug-related charges stemming from the manufacturing, trafficking, and distribution of marijuana.
The FBI North Georgia Major Offender Task Force, the Georgia National Guard Counter Drug Task Force, and the Hall County Sheriff’s Office Uniform Patrol division assisted in the operation.