Man Says iPhone Caught Fire

Man Says iPhone Caught Fire

- An Atlanta man said he was charging his iPhone 6 Plus when it caught on fire. David Grimsley said the ringing he heard wasn't his phone, it was the smoke alarm.

"There were sparks and flames," said David Grimsley.

The phone was on his bed, so he pushed it off before it caught the blankets on fire, and then pushed it off the carpet on to a hard surface where he just waited for the fire to die out.

"The whole apartment could have burned down," said Grimsley.

Grimsley said he called Apple and was told they'd send him another phone. Grimsley said he was disappointed by the response.

He said "I thought they'd be more concerned, or check to see if I got burned or anything was damaged."

Grimsley accepted the new phone, but admits to being uncomfortable with it.

"I'm kind of nervous about plugging it in and leaving it on the bed or anywhere it could catch fire.  It could happen again," said Grimsley.

FOX 5 News called Apple and got a recording that the office for media inquiries was closed until Jan. 4 but someone would get back to us as soon as possible.


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes advertiser stories