Poll: Oprah would beat Trump

- TV personality Oprah Winfrey would beat President Trump if the 2020 election were held today, according to a new poll.

The Rasmussen Reports survey finds that 48 percent of likely U.S. voters would opt for Winfrey, while 38 percent would choose Trump. 14 percent said they would be undecided.

Winfrey has the support of 76 percent of Democrats, 22 percent of Republicans and 44 percent of voters not affiliated with either major political party. The president earns 66% of the vote from Republicans, 12 percent of Democrats and 38 percent of unaffiliated people.

12 percent of both Republicans and Democrats are undecided given this matchup. 

The survey of 1,000 likely voters was conducted on January 8-9, 2018. 

Women share a more favorable opinion of Winfrey than men do.  52 percent of women prefer the TV host in a matchup with Trump, compared to 43 percent of men.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes advertiser stories