CHATTAHOOCHEE HILLS, Ga. (FOX 5 Atlanta) - Authorities released preliminary finding of the investigation into a deadly explosion which claimed the life of an 83-year-old Chattahoochee Hills man Tuesday evening.
The Georgia Fire Marshal’s Office said the blast may have been caused by a buildup of propane.
Charles William Miller, 83, of Chattahoochee Hills, was killed in the blast. He was the only person in the home located in the in the 4500 block of Cochran Mill Road. No other injuries have been reported.
The 911 call came in around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. First responders said when they arrived the house was already blown up.
Police blocked off the entire block of Cochran Mill Road so emergency officials could work to access the scene. The boom was so loud it could be heard and felt more than 15 miles away and in at least four counties.
Officials said debris was found as 60 feet in surrounding trees.