Georgia mom warns others after son contracts rare disease from tick bite

- One Georgia mother is warning others after her son contracted a rare disease from a tick bite.

App users: View full article here

On May 10, 5-year-old Mason McNair was staying with his grandparents in LaGrange, Georgia, when they noticed a tick inside of Mason’s belly button. The tick was promptly removed, but it “got infected and very red around the entire bite,” his mother, Danielle McNair, wrote on Facebook.

McNair promptly took Mason to the doctor, who prescribed him an antibiotic. But 10 days later, Mason’s symptoms had worsened. The young boy was plagued with fatigue, diarrhea, fever, headaches, and pain in his abdomen, according to his mother. On the last day of his medication, Mason also broke out in a rash from “head to toe,” McNair wrote.

Read more at FOXNews.com.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes advertiser stories