As the temperatures begin to fall, gas and power bills tend to rise.
Eligible people living in DeKalb, Gwinnett, Rockdale, Newton and Walton Counties can get help from the Low Income Energy Assistance Program.
The program will provide one time assistance of up to $310 or $350.
Potential clients who heat their homes with natural gas, electricity, propane, wood, kerosene or coal and meet the income guidelines of 60 percent of the median household income for Georgia, must be able to provide the following information:
- Proof of income for all household members 18 years of age and older for the last 30 days; 90 days if irregular income. If no income, a Zero Income Form will be provided at the time of your appointment. All household members with no income must be present during the appointment time to complete this form.
- Most recent home heating bill
- Most recent electric bill.
- Verification of social security cards for all household members or some other legal proof of SS number.
- A Secure and Verifiable document is needed for the person applying for the household only to prove identity and citizenship.
For more information on how to apply, click here.